OMG! Three weeks from tonight, we'll be packing fools. Actually, Joe will be a packing fool. I will have completed my packing days before, having totally organized my wardrobe on a daily basis, carefully planning each change of clothes as if I were channeling Stevie Nicks in concert or one of those characters from Tuna, Texas.
Those of you who know me personally have a little insight as to my packing disorder. I can't just throw stuff in a suitcase. I can't just choose neutrals and hope for the best as I toss in even numbers of tops and bottoms. I can't even plan, just a bit - taking into consideration day wear and evening wear. I have to plot each and every day, every change, every outfit, every sock, bra and pantie. I chart out and strategize my daily attire as if I'm preparing for a military campaign. I make a list, check it twice, edit, streamline and generally drive everyone crazy. Let the madness begin!!
At this point, Joe's kind of thinking about what he's going to take. He thinks he's done all his shopping and is ready to roll and the drop of a hat. I'm just starting to configure outfits and shoe options. But, hey! I've got three weeks.
One of the bonuses on this trip is that the last week, we'll be staying with friends and will have access to a washer and dryer (just cut our packing by half). Two years ago, on our trip to Australia, we were gone three weeks and spent every open hour in the ship's tiny laundry room doing tiny loads of clothes...along with 1700 other people trying to do the same thing. Ugh!
Anyway, we're only three weeks out. In the next week or so we'll get back in touch with our tour operator, as he has offered to give us recommendations in each city for restaurants, "off-the-beaten-path" things to see in our free time and whatever else he thinks we'd like. I've been working hard on my Italian and studying up on our city "Art" maps. What I really need to be doing is working on a way to slow down time...I'm afraid it's all going to go by too fast. It always does.
Today's Italian lesson: Vorremmo due bicchieri di vino, per favore. (vor-ray-mo do-ay bi-kee-air-ree dee vi-no, pair fa-vor-ray) We'd like two glasses of wine, please.
Ciao.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment