I know. Who vacuums before you go on vacation? I guess it's like making the bed in the morning. I do it for the burglars. Huh? I've always been afraid that if burglars came to the house, and they showed it on the news, my mother would be watching and think, "that house is a mess...and look, she didn't make her bed." Same as clean underwear mentality.
So when I finish this, out comes the Dyson.
I AM packed. And I did get it all in one bag and a carry-on. It's a big bag. A really big bag. It'll probably get one of those bright orange "heavy" tags on it. Thank heavens we'll be able to do laundry when we get to Naples, otherwise, I would have two really big bags. And I'd be bitchin' trying to roll them over the cobblestone back streets of Rome.
I think Joe made it all fit in one bag, too. Frankly, it's a miracle. We've been fielding calls all evening from friends and family wishing us a buon viaggio (good trip). I told Wally (Joe's dad) that, according to my friend Cindy, there's a gift shop just outside St. Peter's Basilica and the merchandise you buy there, you can have blessed by the Pope. I asked him what he wanted us to bring him that was blessed by the pope. His answer? A popemobile. Let me tell you...he is soooo getting a popemobile. Probably popemobile salt and pepper shakers. And they damn well better be on the table the next time we go to California. But if I can't find the salt and pepper shakers, there's always Pope on a rope...who doesn't want to shower with his holiness?
Today's Italian lesson: Desidero inondare del papa (day-see-der-o in-own-dar-ray del pa-pa) I want to shower with the pope. I'm sooo goin' to hell. No, wait. I'm going to Rome!
Today's Italian lesson: Desidero inondare del papa (day-see-der-o in-own-dar-ray del pa-pa) I want to shower with the pope. I'm sooo goin' to hell. No, wait. I'm going to Rome!I'll post as soon as I can! Ciao.

And the name of that shop is Domus Artis Roma, Via della Conciliazione. Wear comfortable shoes on Vatican day.
ReplyDeletegrazie!
ReplyDeleteA vacuumed carpet isn't JUST for burglars. It could also be for those special WONDERFUL friends who would volunteer to check in on your house, even when they have similar amenties at their own home. No idea who that could be. I'm just sayin' :)
ReplyDelete