There are little shops all over Sorrento claiming to be factories of THE best limoncello in town. And they are all willing to let you try samples...boy, are they willing. And, guess what? We were willing to oblige. At one of our last stops, the owner of the shop (The Corner Shop) actually took some time to talk to us about how the limoncello was made and why it tastes different from different factories, considering that the recipe is supposedly the same. He let us sample not only the limoncello, but also the meloncello (yum). He was soooo nice that we decided to buy from him (his shipping rates were also on the cheaper side).
Funny thing...when we asked if he shipped to the states, he waved a little black book in the air and said, "Oh yes...I have many orders in the states...mostly from New Jersey."
Well, that sealed the deal for me. If his limoncello is good enough for the mafia...it's good enough for me!
Since we woke up too late to catch the ferry to Positano/Amalfi, we'll save them for Saturday. So, today, we're off to the museum (yes, I checked...it's open). Apparently the museum in Naples is a great compliment to Pompeii...most of the original treasures they found among the ruins are in the museum. I can't wait to see them!
Today's Italian lesson: Una encore. (Oona, en-core) It's what you say when someone asks if you'd like another round of limoncello.
Ciao

And now you can, in fact, say, "I know a guy . . ."
ReplyDelete