And I'm so glad we did. While overrun with tourists, it is absolutely beautiful. I mean beautiful. Just beautiful. Too bad I don't have any pictures to show you now. The camera's recharging, and we're about to head out to Pompeii this morning, so I'll get some of Capri posted later.
We took a ferry to the island...about a 45 minute trip and were greeted by cruise ship groups with their little matching stickers, waiters hawking their restaurants and t-shirts blowing in the wind. Ah...Capri. Yeah, right. So we took a taxi to Anacapri (there are two or three towns on this small island...Anacapri is at the top of the cliff). Same t-shirt vendors, same restaurants, fewer people. But what's worth the whole mess of it is the ancient chair lift that takes you one by one to the very top of the island. From this vantage point, you can see down to the blue grotto, over to Sorrento and across the Bay of Naples. Oh. My. God. Breathtaking. heartstopping, awe-inspiring. Blue. Blue. And more blue.
I'll put up some pictures, but I promise you will not get the full effect. It's just too pretty.
On another note. Things I've learned from Italian women:
Don't worry too much about your make-up, men will look at you anyway.
Don't worry too much about your hair, men will look at you anyway.
Don't worry too much about sweating, when you scoop up your hair to cool off your neck, men will look at you anyway.
Don't worry too much about not wearing designer clothes, men will look at you anyway.
Don't worry too much about your Mexican Muffins, men will look at you anyway.
Don't worry too much about growing older, men will look at you anyway.
Don't worry too much about anything, men will look at you anyway.
Italian women worry about whether they loved their family enough today; did the meal they prepared reach those who were hungry today; did they see enough beauty in the world today; and did they live enough life today.
Wow. I've learned a lot from Italian women.
Today's Italian lesson: T' amo (tee-ah-moe). I love you.
Ciao!

S'agapo right back at you - great lessons.
ReplyDeletePerhaps the chair lift operator job is better on Capri?
ReplyDelete